QuickBooks event id 4 error usually occurs while connecting QuickBooks desktop application to the Integration Manager or launching it. The error comes up with a message, “An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition 2020: WPR: calling ABORT_CLOSE.” It is a server error that mostly appears on the QuickBooks premier due to a fault in .NET Framework. To know about the causes and troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks Pro event id 4 error, go through the complete blog.
If you need technical assistance regarding the QuickBooks event id 4 error, then call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and seek help from certified QuickBooks professionals
Possible causes behind QuickBooks error 4
Check out the reasons causing QuickBooks event id 4 unexpected error:
- Corrupt installation of QuickBooks application.
- Fault in the Windows registry files.
- Malicious attack of virus or malware infected the files.
- Damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks-related files have been deleted accidentally.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 6129
Quick Fixes for QuickBooks Pro Event id 4 Error
Following are the most preferred troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks event id 4 error:
Step 1. Try to Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
Before starting the clean install, keep a note of license number, product year, and version and proceed to the steps given below:
- Close QuickBooks and click on the Start menu.
- Open Control Panel.
- Choose the Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program
- From the installed applications, choose the QuickBooks version you’re using.
- Then, select Uninstall/Change and follow the prompt instructions.
Step 2. Download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system
- Download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Locate the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and open it.
- Install the tool hub by following the on-screen steps.
- Also, agree to the terms and conditions.
- After the installation completes, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking on the icon.
Step 3. Run Clean Install
- From the tool hub, click on the Installation Issues tab.
- Then, select Clean Install Tool.
- Click OK.
- Choose the QuickBooks version and click Continue.
- The tool renames the old install files automatically.
- Click OK when you get a prompt message to install the QuickBooks to the default location.
- Install the application when the tool finishes.
That’s all about QuickBooks event id 4 error. We hope the steps mentioned above help you fix the issue. If the problem persists, get in touch with the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our customer service number +1 800-579-9430.
Easy guide to fix QuickBooks error 9999